Consumption of meat has become a non-starter not only for vegetarians but also for the majority of people who once used to look forward to a lunch where meat was the main delight. The former refuse to eat meat on principle, whilst the latter reject it because of cholesterol implications.
This is very worrying because meat contains amino acids, iron and vitamin B12. Abstaining from eating meat means missing out on these very important 3 ingredients. Alta Care Laboratoires recommends following a well balanced and varied diet.
Altadrine Fruit & Vegetables contains an ingredient that may solve this problem both for vegetarians and non-vegetarians; this is Spirulina.
What is Spirulina?
• Spirulina is an all-in-one super nutrient, derived from a tiny water plant called Spirulina, a single natural source of proteins, iron, vitamins, minerals and most of the micro-nutrients.
• Spirulina is a planktonic, blue-green algae that has an amazingly high nutritional profile and a very high nutritional density.
• It is the world’s richest natural source of Vitamin B-12 and has up to 70 per cent pre-digested amino acids and contains the whole spectrum of natural carotene, xanthophylls and phytopigments.
• Spirulina is the richest source of proteins.
• Spirulina is the best natural source of antioxidants like carotenoids; vitamin E, zinc and selenium, that help fight against free radicals and slow down the process of aging.
What are the properties of Spirulina?
• Spirulina contains 12 vitamins, 11 minerals, 4 important pigments, 8 essential fatty acids, 6 non-essential fatty acids, 8 amino acids and 10 non-essential acids, besides chlorophyll, phycocyanin, linolenic acids and gamma linolenic acid.
• It is a rich source of enzymes and other potentially important nutrients, and has up to 70 per cent complete and highly digestible protein. 1kg of Spirulina contains as many nutrients as 1,000kg of assorted vegetables.
• Spirulina’s mineral contents are calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, sodium manganese, zinc, selenium, copper and chromium.
• It also contains vitamin E, GLA, selenium and other micro nutrients.
What are the benefits of Spirulina?
• Spirulina supports the immune system thus promoting a healthy and active life.
• Spirulina is the richest source of proteins for children and young adults as it provides 18 out of 22 amino acids that the body needs for normal growth.
• Through its range of B-Vitamins, Spirulina strengthens the immune system and builds resistance. The natural Beta carotene (pro vitamin-A) in Spirulina helps maintain a normal and healthy eye sight.
• Scientists have recently discovered that Spirulina possesses therapeutic benefits.
• Spirulina, being natural in its formulation, is highly digestible owing to its unicellular form and helps in combating nutritional anaemia, stress, weight problems, high cholesterol, pollution and gastric ulcers.
No wonder that Spirulina, has been declared by World Health Organization (WHO) as ‘the greatest super food on earth’.
Fruit & Vegetables Tablets are for people missing out on fruit and vegetables and since one of its ingredients is Spirulina it is also ideal for all those missing out on the benefits of amino acids, iron and vitamin B12 when failing to consume meat. Fruit and vegetables are also ideal for a mixed, varied and well balanced diet.
Fruit & Vegetables Tablets contain no additives, no fillers whatsoever, no added salts or sugars, just fruit and vegetables grown in pristine conditions, tested and harvested at their peak nutritional value.
One Fruit tablet in the morning and one Vegetable tablet in the evening will provide the antioxidant equivalent of 8 servings of fruit and vegetables daily.